2007년 4월 15일 일요일

Don't just talk, but walk...



A Column Regarding Christianity in America

As a Christian, one of the responsibilities given to us is to evangelize and let people know about God. Out of the many that we talk with, there are those that do not believe in anything at all; they are referred to as aetheists. They believe that there was no God, and they felt that no higher being is ever there. When they were asked why they did not believe, or want to believe, their responses were ironically similar. One of the common answers was that the churchgoers now, do not seem any different from anyone else. In fact, many people thought that Christians seemed to be people of worse quality (character and personality), people who suffer more (materialistically as well as in general), and people of extreme hypocricy. When I heard this response, immediately I was overwhelmed with guilt. I fit into that exact description of "Christian". There are many ways attempted to deliver a message of God: mass media like radio broadcasting, speaking out on the streets, attempting miracles on TV shows... But I realized, all that is meaningless when a person calling themselves Christians, when I, do not walk what we preach. If we don't live by what we say, who's going to believe that there's any good in that? First thing that came to my mind when hearing that response is, "I need to go to English class! Just because I'm tired is not an excuse to miss class!!" Walking what we're talking is what I need to do.

댓글 없음: